Today, developers are facing increasing barriers in their attempts to develop commercial, industrial and multi-family projects.
Today, developers are facing increasing barriers in their attempts to develop commercial, industrial and multi-family projects. Construction defect lawsuits, more stringent demands from cities and counties, tight financing markets, labor issues, rising construction costs and climate changes are squeezing the margins and bringing risk management and risk transfer issues front and center.
Flood and Peterson has over 75 years of experience advising local, regional, national and global contractors; developers; and property owners and managers. We have a unique understanding of the industry which allows us to eliminate the surprises that commonly occur when owning or developing large real estate projects.
As long term participants in the field, we have enjoyed lengthy relationships with underwriters and insurance companies from Seattle to London, giving us the ability to bring the most cost effective coverage to our clients who invest in real estate.
Through deductible buy downs, earthquake and flood coverage, builders risk policies, tailored professional liability policies and project specific liability coverage, we are committed to protecting the balance sheets of our real estate investor clients.
SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES AND AREAS OF EXPERTISE INCLUDE:
- Proprietary Risk Reduction Approach
- Flexibility and capacity (locally, nationally and internationally) to meet current and future needs as the business grows
- Ability to create and adapt program design to address ever-changing needs
- Broad industry and market knowledge
- Risk financing and funding solutions
- Integration of Risk Control and Claims Management